Call for Youth Peer Artist/Arts Facilitator
The Centre for Equality Rights in Accommodation (CERA) is working with five youth-serving groups across Ontario to build awareness about youth housing rights. We are seeking an artist or arts facilitator to co-develop a creative workshop and educational materials for this exciting initiative.
- a visual artist or arts facilitator who is interested in working with small charities on important social issues?
- familiar with the barriers and challenges to housing that young people face?
- able to design in collaboration with CERA’s team a 2-2.5 hour session in which 10-15 participants use visual arts to creatively express their housing experiences?
- able to co-design educational materials for a range of audiences?
- available to work with us between January and April, 2018?
How to apply:
Our funding includes an honorarium of $2000 for this role, which we are happy to discuss in more detail.
Please contact me if you are interested in working with us! We will be accepting applications until January 10, 2018. Please include a statement of interest and resume or link to your work. Priority will be given to someone who has experiences of housing discrimination and/or homelessness.
Contact: email@example.com or 416-944-0087 ext.3
CERA envisions an Ontario where every person realizes their housing rights, is treated with dignity, and lives free from discrimination in a stable, safe and affordable home.
CERA defends housing rights and human rights by educating individuals and communities, advancing progressive and inclusive housing law and policy, and providing legal information and services to marginalized Ontarians.
Read more about our Youth Housing Rights Program on our website: www.equailtyrights.org/cera