CERA is currently seeking two board member swilling to contribute their expertise to our dynamic team. If you know are someone with an interest in human rights and housing, with a background and experience in fundraising or accounting/finance, we would like to hear from you.
We are seeking individuals who share our commitment to protecting human rights, equality rights and social and economic rights, including the right to adequate housing, and who are able to actively participate in regular board meetings.
CERA is interested in broadening the diversity of our Board of Directors and are excited to receive applications from individuals from equity seeking groups.
Successful candidates will:
- Serve a two-year term from 2018 to 2020;
- Attend monthly board meetings on the 3rd Tuesday of every month;
- Participate on board committees as needed;
- Have a passion for our Mission and Vision; and
- Have an understanding or lived experience of the communities that we serve.
To apply to the CERA Board of Directors, please email a brief statement of interest along with your resume to Assefa Janko at email@example.com
Application Deadline: April 30, 2018
Thank you for your interest and support of our work!
The Centre for Equality Rights in Accommodation (CERA) is a not-for-profit charitable organization dedicated to preventing evictions and ending housing discrimination across Ontario. CERA was founded in 1987 as the only organization in Canada with a primary focus on promoting human rights in housing. 30 years later, we continue to carry out our mandate through direct tenant support, public education, research, law reform, casework, test case litigation and using international human rights law and mechanisms.
CERA envisions an Ontario where every person realizes their housing rights, is treated with dignity, and lives free from discrimination in a stable, safe and affordable home.
CERA advances the right to housing without discrimination. We do this by:
- Educating individuals and communities on the intersection between human rights and housing law;
- Engaging in advocacy and supporting individuals in realizing their human rights in housing; and
- Promoting inclusive housing law and policy.