Are you interested in housing issues and learning how to facilitate events?
CERA is recruiting a cohort of 5 seniors with lived experience of rental housing vulnerability in a volunteer capacity to become peer facilitators for an upcoming forum.
Together, CERA staff and senior peer facilitators will plan and host a one-day forum to bring senior renters from across the GTHA together to co-learn about their rights as renters; to connect to services and each other; and to develop strategies for improving well-being of aging renters and address social isolation.
Peer Facilitator Duties:
- Attend all required development training and meetings.
- Co-facilitate sessions at the forum on housing rights.
- Share knowledge and experiences.
- Assist in the evaluation process post-forum.
- Willingness to learn
- Lived experience with housing vulnerability
- Passion for equity in housing.
- Comfort with public speaking.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
*The position comes with honorarium for participants
If you are interested or know someone who is please contact Carly Bowie at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 416-944-0087 ext. 6 by December 15, 2019